The Year of Ultimate HEALTH

Are you ready to start disgesting the issues that plague your health? Join us for the Year of Ultimate Health for Baby Boomers!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Caffeine Withdrawal

Sunday evening I started a cleanse. While I don't have to starve myself this week, I'm only eating raw fruits and vegetables. Additionally, I only drink pure water with lemon at the most. That means no coffee.

For some that's not a big deal. For me, it's really serious. Coffee is precious to me. I'm the type that makes it first thing in the morning like it was a companion or something. My coffee intake was up to 8 cups a day. It's not that difficult to reach that level without knowing. Everything related to food in America is super-sized, including the cups we use to drink coffee. So swigging two of the large ones already gives me four cups. Then by afternoon, I'm ready for more. Without realizing it, I consume more coffee in a day than some people do in a week.

Going cold turkey is the only way I know to stop this habit. If you ever wondered if this was a form of detox I can vouch that it is. I have been having the worse withdrawal symptoms ever. In fact, I had to do some research online to be sure I was experiencing something normal in a detox situation because I've never been through this before.

I thought it might be helpful for you to know what it's like to withdraw from coffee addiction. The reason being that I hope you also take the step if you're as addicted as I am. In order to really experience a new start with my health, I have to go all the way to getting better. That starts with letting go of what's been holding me back and coffee consumption is a start. I'll chronicle the next few days and leave a trail of information for you to access when you decide to make the coffee withdrawal.

No comments: