The Year of Ultimate HEALTH

Are you ready to start disgesting the issues that plague your health? Join us for the Year of Ultimate Health for Baby Boomers!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Seasoned Woman Weight Loss

I have no choice - the weight needs to come off. Not just to look better, but to live. I just can't get my cholesterol levels down any other way. Plus, there's the problem of low Vitamin D and osteopenia to deal with now. Add that to High Blood Pressure and it's time to get serious.

Losing weight over 40 has always sounded like a mystery. But it doesn't have to be. Anyone can lose excess fat from their bodies. The secret is learning about your body. Each person is an individual and no one "diet" works for everyone. That's the problem with trying to follow a strict diet.

While the food levels might have worked for the writer of the diet (maybe), that doesn't mean it's going to work for you or your family member. The necessary thing to do is find what works for your body.

I did try to use a diet suggested by Curves Complete. For the first two weeks I tried to follow the diet suggestions. These weren’t too bad actually but meant adding in a lot of foods that I normally don't eat. There were some pretty good vegetarian ideas which I really appreciated. However, lots contained cheeses, which I needed to start eliminating from my diet due to the cholesterol issue.

I dutifully took my menu planner to the store and stocked up on the suggested food items. I even went so far as to purchase some frozen dinners, something I couldn't believe I would ever do. But the idea of needing to increase the amount of times that I ate during the day made me leery about being able to prepare and have the foods on hand that I needed.

Here are the main ideas that I incorporated that started to work for me although not all at once:

1. Increase natural metabolism by feeding the body instead of starving the body.

2. Monitor water intake to assure being hydrated.

3. Keep a food journal to measure how much food is eaten each day. This keeps you on track to put enough calories in each day to alleviate the starvation idea and keeps you on track to eat healthy, whole foods.

4. Increase exercise times.

5. Get sleep

These simple mandates were supported wtih diet suggestions. That's where bio-individuality really came into play as I'll explain in the next post.

No comments: